Beach waves are a classic and timeless hairstyle that can be achieved with minimal effort, making them perfect for summer days or any time of the year. Here’s how to get beach waves easily at home:
- Begin by washing your hair with a volumizing shampoo and conditioner to add texture and body to your hair.
- Apply a styling mousse or a texturizing spray to damp hair to enhance the natural texture and hold of your waves. Comb the product through your hair to ensure even distribution.
- Apply a heat protectant spray or serum to shield your hair from heat damage caused by styling tools.
- Divide your hair into sections for easier styling. Clip away the top section of your hair and focus on one section at a time.
- Using a curling iron or a wand, take a small section of hair and wrap it around the barrel, starting from the mid-shaft and leaving the ends out for a more relaxed look. Hold for a few seconds, then release the curl. Repeat this process for each section of hair, alternating the direction of the curls for a more natural effect.
- Once you’ve finished curling your hair, run your fingers through the curls to break them up slightly and create a more undone, beachy look. Avoid using a brush or comb, as it can make the waves look too uniform.
- To enhance the beachy texture and add hold, spray a texturizing spray or sea salt spray throughout your hair. Scrunch your hair gently to encourage the waves and give them a tousled appearance.
- If you want extra hold, you can finish by lightly misting your hair with a flexible-hold hairspray. Be sure not to overdo it, as you want to maintain the natural movement of the waves.
- If you have time, allow your hair to air dry for a more effortless look. Alternatively, you can use a diffuser attachment on your hairdryer to speed up the drying process while preserving the wave pattern.
- Once your hair is dry, you can add some additional texturizing spray or hair oil to the ends of your waves for added definition and shine. You can also gently tousle your hair with your fingers to loosen the waves further.
Remember that less is more when it comes to creating beachy waves – don’t overdo products or styling techniques that may weigh down the volume of naturally wavy tresses!
In conclusion, achieving beachy waves doesn’t have to be complicated; in fact, simplicity is key for this look! With a few simple steps using basic tools such as sea salt spray and diffusers one can achieve effortlessly sun-kissed locks ready for an endless summer vibe!